Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The Wild Robot

Featured Blogger: Fiona
The Wild Robot is the best book you will ever read!  It is about a robot that fell off a ship and has to survive in the wilderness on an island! It is such a touching, moving, extraordinary book!!!!! The robot finds an egg, hatches it,  and lives with the baby bird for the rest of her life! She named it, Brightbill. The robot’s name is Roz. Then some other robots come and try to take Roz back to the factory to fix! At one point when Brightbill was older he, migrated with other geese. He missed his mommy, Roz, but he came back. Two geese died on the trip.  One died because of the cold weather and she was old. The other one was the leader of the flock and she died because a person shot her. I cried.

I also like this story because, the author talks to the reader. Example: “Reader, I know this doesn’t make sense but, remember Roz is a robot, she doesn't have feelings.” I recommend this book to, 3rd graders and older.  This book is my favorite book because it was entertaining and it gave me a new perspective on life. And it did that because it had so many adventures and ways to look at them.