Friday, December 2, 2016

Tiny Tiny Little Mouse

Featured Blogger: Tess
Mice can’t talk.  Or so you think!  I’m Tess Berman and I am going to tell you about when my class read a book and then saw a movie!  Whoooo!  It’s very hard to say all that, but I say we are straying from the format a bit.

“Okay class, now we are going to start the movie!  Get your clipboards if you are sitting on the rug.  Also if you are sitting on the rug, you need to sit criss-cross applesauce and have your clipboard on your lap,” said Ms. Sprague.  I sat on the rug so I could get a close-up look at the movie!

We had to fill out one page and a Venn Diagram and here are some of the questions on the sheet...What was your favorite part of the movie and the book?  And, Was the setting like you pictured?  Also, If you could change one thing in the movie, what would you change, and why?

Me and my friend, Sammie, sat next to each other when we were watching the movie and we wrote down a lot of the same things because we were helping each other so we could be done with the packet quicker so we could really enjoy the movie for pete’s sake!!!

So now let’s talk about the Venn Diagram now!  A Venn Diagram is a kind of diagram that you use to compare a bunch of these things!  You can compare...a book to the movie,  two different books, and a bunch of other things too!

Let’s talk about the movie now!   It is called...The Tale Of Despereaux!  The movie/book is about a little mouse who had huge ears and he wasn't like the other mice.  Here are some of the things that made him different than the other mice… he tried to take cheese from all of the mouse traps, he did not scurry when he saw a knife, mouse trap, cat, etc.  But the one major thing that made him different was that he was born as a very tiny mouse and...WITH HIS EYES OPEN!!!

Now I’m going to tell you some of the things I wrote down to answer the questions on the packet.  For the part in the book I liked the best was...when Miggery Sow (the serving girl) got so big because when she was in the castle, she was fed so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, much!!!

The part in the movie I liked the best was...when the pea (the princess) “gave” Despereaux a “kiss” and then he was walking crooked (because he was in love!)  and fell off of the tablecloth!

Some things that surprised me was...there is a mouse kingdom and a huge rat city, Despereaux has a fight with a cat, and Despereaux and Roscuro (a rat) become friends!

Did the characters look like you pictured?  Explain: Pea (look two paragraphs up) has blonde hair and I thought she had red hair.  Also, I did not think the king had a beard and “short-ish”hair.  And, Miggery Sow had less “cauliflower looking” ears.  And last but not least, I thought the jailer had a beard and hair that was bright orange, and I thought he was bigger, like a giant and more friendly.  By the way, Miggery Sow was sold to a farmer and he hit her ears and that’s why they looked like pieces of cauliflower.

Did the setting look like you pictured?  Explain: The dungeon is less dark than I thought.  And, I thought that the Pea had a bigger room and I thought she had a bigger bed and a bigger everything!  Also, I thought that the stairs were made of gold!

Last but not least...if you could change one thing in the movie what would you change and why?  The threadmaster should be less creepy because his eyes are very creepy.  Also I would make the movie be more like the book because the plot of the book makes much more sense than the movie.

Goodbye my friends!  I hope you had fun when you were reading this!  You will read other blogs and they will be just as good as this one,  and possibly better,  but I hope you had fun reading this and learning about when 3Sp read The Tale Of Despereaux and then watched the movie to it as well!

Love: Tess Berman
Blogger