Thursday, November 3, 2016

Japanese Okaido

Featured Blogger: Layla
My whole class and some other class and grade went to the gym and went to see the Japanese drum players!  When the Japanese people came out everyone was very excited even me!  Then they introduced themselves after they taught us some Japanese.  Then they played the drums and it was the song to bring down the god of dragon.  One of the drummers said that they saw it and I saw it too but everyone else didn't.  Then they did a little show for us and at the end of the show they put in the drumming sounds and it was really funny.  After they told more stories and they put in some of the drumming too.  They also got out this weird person that comes out in Japan when there is an omatsuri.  Omatsuri is music and dance.  Almost at the end they let kids go up stage and everyone said that I should go up because I am Japanese and I have played it before.  So I raised my hand.  I got picked and the person asked if I was Japanese and I said yes!  When I went on stage I was a little scared but everybody in my class made me get ready and it was pretty easy because I just had to follow the person that was also from the band.  I forgot to tell you the name of the band.  The name is Okaido and they work in New York.  At the end they played one more song for us on the drum again but this time they made a really good song with the drums.  I was really happy when the Japanese drummers came, but when they were talking in Japanese and they were teaching us I was bored because I already knew Japanese.  I felt like it was the best day and best performance ever!
Me on stage playing the drums!