Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Multicultural Assembly!!

Featured Blogger: Lucas
My class prepared for the multicultural assembly (the biggest assembly of the year)!  There’s a performance every year about a country.  Last year the fourth graders did it about about Mexico and this year we had a play of The Parrot and the Merchant‍️‍.  I was a parrot dancer and so were my friends.  We did not have so much parts in the play because we only did one part...and it was dancing!  And for the rest of the play, the parrot dancers were sitting.  At the beginning of the play we played some songs on our recorders.  First we played “Hot Cross Buns” two times and we played “Gently Sleep” two times!  Then we played the song “Playing on a Snow Day”.  Then we sang “Noruz is Coming”!  I think we even sang “Playing on a Snow Day”.  At the end of the Multicultural Assembly everyone took off their masks and went back to their classrooms to learn, but my class went outside to have an awesome extra recess!